The Salem County Tax Board
County Boards of Taxation are charged with the supervision of Tax Assessors, the review of each municipality’s tax list, the equalization of tax assessments, the calculation of tax rates and preparing the abstract of ratables, and hearing appeals and rendering judgments. The office of the Board of Taxation, under the supervision of the County Tax Administrator, provides for the day-to-day operational efforts.
The Salem County Board of Taxation is dedicated to serving the residents of our fifteen municipalities and the county itself with the highest degree of professionalism, uniform equity and superior efficiency in all matters with its jurisdiction.
President: Steven H. Caltabiano, CTA (term 5-1-2019)
Vice President: Brenda H. Hall (term 5-1-2014)
Fran Grenier (term 5-1-2018)
G. Christopher Connor (term 5-1-2014)
Angela Susan Voros (term 5-1-2011)
Tax Administrator: John Snyder, CTA
Administrative Clerk/OPRA Custodian: Kathy McAllister
2018-2019 Meeting Dates
Please be advised that the Salem County Board of Taxation at their May 2nd Reorganization Meeting adopted their monthly meeting schedule for the remainder of 2018 and the first five months of 2019.
The Regular Monthly Meetings of the Board will be held on the dates indicated below, unless otherwise noted, at 8:30 AM in the Board of Taxation Office in the Salem County Fifth Street Complex at 110 Fifth Street, Suite 300, Salem City NJ 08079
The meeting dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, June 5th, 2018 – Tax Appeal Hearings **4:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 – Certify Tax Rates, if available
- Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 – Certify Tax Rates/ Farmland
- Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 – Table of Aggregates; Rollback hearings
- Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 – Added/Omitted Tax Lists
- Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 – Added/Omitted Appeal Hearings
- Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 – Establish Percentage Level of Taxable Value
- Wednesday, February 6th, 2019 – Preliminary Equalization Table; Adm. Changes
- Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 – Final Equalization Table
- Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 – Reorganization*
* Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 18:12A-1.2(e), The Salem County Board of Taxation will organize and elect from its members a president who shall hold office for one year, or until his/her successor is duly elected. At that meeting a new calendar shall be promulgated for the period of June, 2018 through May, 2019.