The Salem County Tax Board
County Boards of Taxation are charged with the supervision of Tax Assessors, the review of each municipality’s tax list, the equalization of tax assessments, the calculation of tax rates and preparing the abstract of ratables, and hearing appeals and rendering judgments. The office of the Board of Taxation, under the supervision of the County Tax Administrator, provides for the day-to-day operational efforts.
The Salem County Board of Taxation is dedicated to serving the residents of our fifteen municipalities and the county itself with the highest degree of professionalism, uniform equity and superior efficiency in all matters with its jurisdiction.
President: Steven H. Caltabiano, CTA (term 5-1-2019)
Vice President: Brenda H. Hall (term 5-1-2014)
Fran Grenier (term 5-1-2018)
G. Christopher Connor (term 5-1-2014)
Angela Susan Voros (term 5-1-2011)
Tax Administrator: John Snyder, CTA
Administrative Clerk/OPRA Custodian: Kathy McAllister
2017-2018 Meeting Dates
The new Regular Monthly Meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise noted, at 8:30 a.m in the Board of Taxation Office in the Salem County Fifth Street Complex at 110 Fifth Street, Suite 300, Salem City N.J 08079.
The meeting dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, June 13th, 2017, 4:30 PM – Certify Tax Rates, if available
- Tuesday, July 11th, 2017, 4:30 PM – Certify Tax Rates, if available
- Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 – Certify Tax Rates
- Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 – Table of Aggregates; Rollback hearings
- Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 – Added/Omitted Tax Lists
- Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 – Added/Omitted Appeal Hearings
- Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 – Establish Percentage Level of Taxable Value
- Wednesday, February 14th, 2018 – Preliminary Equalization Table; Adm. Changes
- Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 – Final Equalization Table
- Wednesday, April 11th, 2018 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 – Reorganization*; Tax Appeal Hearings
* Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 18:12A-1.2(e), The Salem County Board of Taxation will organize and elect from its members a president who shall hold office for one year, or until his/her successor is duly elected. At that meeting a new calendar shall be promulgated for the period of June, 2016 through May, 2017.