The Salem County Tax Board
County Boards of Taxation are charged with the supervision of Tax Assessors, the review of each municipality’s tax list, the equalization of tax assessments, the calculation of tax rates and preparing the abstract of ratables, and hearing appeals and rendering judgments. The office of the Board of Taxation, under the supervision of the County Tax Administrator, provides for the day-to-day operational efforts.
The Salem County Board of Taxation is dedicated to serving the residents of our fifteen municipalities and the county itself with the highest degree of professionalism, uniform equity and superior efficiency in all matters with its jurisdiction.
President: Steven H. Caltabiano, CTA (term 5-1-2019)
Vice President: Brenda H. Hall (term 5-1-2014)
G. Christopher Connor (term 5-1-2014)
Angela Susan Voros (term 5-1-2011)
Kevin Crouch (term 5-1-2021)
Tax Administrator: John Snyder, CTA
Administrative Clerk/OPRA Custodian: Kathy McAllister
SC Board of Taxation Will Be Hearing 2019 Tax Appeals
Tax appeals will take place on Tuesday evenings on the following dates in Courtroom $5 (First Floor) at the Salem County Courthouse, 92 Market St., Salem City, commencing at 5:00pm unless otherwise noted.
- April 23 – Oldman’s, Upper Pittsgrove, Elmer, Quinton, Woodstown
- April 30 – Alloway, LAC, Pittsgrove, Mannington
- May 14 – Carneys Point
- May 21 – Pilesgrove
- May 28 – Penns Grove, Elsinboro
- June 11 – Salem City, Pennsville (Lawyers)
- June 18 – Pennsville
- June 25 – Pennsville / Adjournments 4-5pm (Fifth St.)
At the conclusion of the hearings the SC Board of Taxation will review, deliberate and adjudicate appeals heard on the date indicated. Judgements will be mailed to appellants within 10 days of the hearing date.
2019-2020 Meeting Dates
The Regular Monthly Meetings of the Board will be held on the dates indicated below, unless otherwise noted, at 8:30 AM in the Board of Taxation Office in the Salem County Fifth Street Complex at 110 Fifth Street, Suite 300, Salem City NJ 08079
The meeting dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 – Tax Appeal Hearings **4:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019 – Certify Tax Rates, if available
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 – Certify Tax Rates/Farmland
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 – Table of Aggregates; Rolling Hearings
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 – Added/Omitted Tax Lists
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019 – Added/Omitted Appeal Hearings
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 – Establish Percentage Level of Taxable Value
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 – Preliminary Equalization Table; Adm. Changes
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – Final Equalization Table
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020 – Reorganization Meeting
* Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 18:12A-1.2(e), The Salem County Board of Taxation will organize and elect from its members a president who shall hold office for one year, or until his/her successor is duly elected. At that meeting a new calendar shall be promulgated for the period of June, 2019 through May, 2020.