The Salem County Tax Board
County Boards of Taxation are charged with the supervision of Tax Assessors, the review of each municipality’s tax list, the equalization of tax assessments, the calculation of tax rates and preparing the abstract of ratables, and hearing appeals and rendering judgments. The office of the Board of Taxation, under the supervision of the County Tax Administrator, provides for the day-to-day operational efforts.
The Salem County Board of Taxation is dedicated to serving the residents of our fifteen municipalities and the county itself with the highest degree of professionalism, uniform equity and superior efficiency in all matters with its jurisdiction.
President: Steven H. Caltabiano, CTA (term 5-1-2019)
Vice President: Brenda H. Hall (term 5-1-2014)
Fran Grenier (term 5-1-2018)
G. Christopher Connor (term 5-1-2014)
Angela Susan Voros (term 5-1-2011)
Tax Administrator: John Snyder, CTA
Administrative Clerk/OPRA Custodian: Kathy McAllister
SC Board of Taxation Will Be Hearing 2019 Tax Appeals
Tax appeals will take place on Tuesday evenings on the following dates in Courtroom $5 (First Floor) at the Salem County Courthouse, 92 Market St., Salem City, commencing at 5:00pm unless otherwise noted.
- April 23 – Oldman’s, Upper Pittsgrove, Elmer, Quinton, Woodstown
- April 30 – Alloway, LAC, Pittsgrove, Mannington
- May 14 – Carneys Point
- May 21 – Pilesgrove
- May 28 – Penns Grove, Elsinboro
- June 11 – Salem City, Pennsville (Lawyers)
- June 18 – Pennsville
- June 25 – Pennsville / Adjournments 4-5pm (Fifth St.)
At the conclusion of the hearings the SC Board of Taxation will review, deliberate and adjudicate appeals heard on the date indicated. Judgements will be mailed to appellants within 10 days of the hearing date.
Election Day District Board Workers Are Needed
EARN $200 PER ELECTION
Spring 2019 Certification Training Class Schedule:
- Tuesday April 2nd – 10am
- Wednesday April 3rd – 10am
- Thursday April 4th – 6pm
Location: Old Court House – 104 Market St. (2nd Floor) Salem NJ
Use the door in the rear of the building
Please attend one of the classes above. Training class typically takes 2 hours. There are no seating reservations; seating is on a first come first serve basis. Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time. For more info call the Salem County Board of Elections 856-935-7510 x6328, 8329, 8330 or 8331
2019 Meeting Dates
The Regular Monthly Meetings of the Board will be held on the dates indicated below, unless otherwise noted, at 8:30 AM in the Board of Taxation Office in the Salem County Fifth Street Complex at 110 Fifth Street, Suite 300, Salem City NJ 08079
The meeting dates are as follows:
- Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 – Establish Percentage Level of Taxable Value
- Wednesday, February 6th, 2019 – Preliminary Equalization Table; Adm. Changes
- Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 – Final Equalization Table
- Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 – Regular Business Meeting
- Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 – Reorganization*
* Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 18:12A-1.2(e), The Salem County Board of Taxation will organize and elect from its members a president who shall hold office for one year, or until his/her successor is duly elected. At that meeting a new calendar shall be promulgated for the period of June, 2018 through May, 2019.