The Salem County Tax Board
We’re here to help
County Boards of Taxation are charged with the supervision of Tax Assessors, the review of each municipality’s tax list, the equalization of tax assessments, the calculation of tax rates and preparing the abstract of ratables, and hearing appeals and rendering judgments. The office of the Board of Taxation, under the supervision of the County Tax Administrator, provides for the day-to-day operational efforts.
The Salem County Board of Taxation is dedicated to serving the residents of our fifteen municipalities and the county itself with the highest degree of professionalism, uniform equity and superior efficiency in all matters with its jurisdiction.
Parent Department: Treasury
President: Steven H. Caltabiano, CTA (term 5-1-2022)
Vice President: Angela Susan Voros (term 5-1-2020)
Debra Behnke (term 5-1-2020)
Kevin Crouch (term 5-1-2021)
Tax Administrator: John Snyder, CTA
Administrative Clerk/OPRA Custodian: Kathy McAllister
Regular Monthly Meetings will be held at 8:30am on the second Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
Location: Board of Taxation Office, Salem County Fifth Street Complex at 110 Fifth Street, Suite 300, Salem City NJ, 08079.
- July 13, 2022 – Certify Tax Rates, if available
- August 10, 2022 – Certify Tax Rates/Farmland
- Sept. 14, 2022 – Table of Aggregates; Rollback Hearings
- October 12, 2022 – Added/Omitted Tax Lists
- November 9, 2022 – Regular Business Meeting
- December 14, 2022 – Added/Omitted Appeal Hearings
- Jan. 11, 2023 – Establish Percentage Level of Taxable Value
- February 8, 2023 – Preliminary Equalization Table; Adm.
- March 15, 2023 – Final Equalization Table
- April 12, 2023 – Regular Business Meeting
- May 3, 2023 – Reorganization*
* Reorganization Notation: Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 18:12A-1.2(e), The Salem County Board of Taxation will organize and elect from its members a president who shall hold ofﬁce for one year, or until his/her successor is duly elected. At that meeting a new calendar shall be promulgated for the period of June, 2023 through May, 2024.